HP Support Assistance is a part of HP Total Care services and support, and comes pre-installed on Microsoft Windows 7 PCs and some Vista models. Though, if you can not find it on your PC, you can download and install it as a standalone application, but again, for the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system only. If you have another OS you will need to upgrade to Windows 7.
Maintain the functionality of HP notebooks by automatically optimizing its system performance. The suite scans for issues and errors and offers manual or automated means of fixing them. Update download and installation, software tune-up and diagnostics are among the available options.With HP Customer Service Support Assistant, it’s easy to keep your PC running smoothly. Optimize PC performance. Automate support tasks. And get assistance when you need help. All of this from one place on your own PC.
HP Support Assistant features and highlights:
- My devices: Access to specifications, updates, messages, warranty and services, accessories, diagnostics and tools, and support resources for your HP PC and printers
- Support: Access to support resources and contact options for your HP PC and printers
- All-new design: See everything in a modern, easy-to-use interface
- Automatic fixes: Schedule automatic updates for maximum performance
- Alerts and support status: Stay informed with PC and printer alerts and support status right in the taskbar
- Help tools: Access help tools and make use of a direct line to our technical support team
- Integrated diagnostics: Resolve issues easily using built-in diagnostic tools
- Lifelong support: Enjoy HP Support Assistant for the life of your PC and printers
HP Support Assistant is licensed as Freeware for Windows
HP Support Assistant for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from computer utilities without restrictions. HP Support Assistant 188.8.131.52 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This HP support software is filed under:
HP Support Assistant Download
Freeware Computer Utilities
Major release: HP Support Assistant 8.3 Compatibility with this HP support software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Hewlett Packard
HP Support Assistant for Desktops @HP Support
HP Support Assistant for Desktops is a freeware HP support app filed under computer utilities and made available by Hewlett Packard for Windows.The review for HP Support Assistant for Desktops has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.
HP Support Assistant for Desktops features and highlights:
- Maintain: Provides information about pending actions, including software updates, alerts, tips, and automated tune ups
- Troubleshoot: Provides information and resources related to diagnosing and repairing your computer
- Troubleshooting resources are divided into categories, such as storage devices and audio/sound
- Learn: Provides in-depth information on how to use your computer. You can also take free online classes from the HP web site
- Get assistance: Provides a summary of the resources available to help you resolve problems by yourself
HP Support Assistant for Home Desktops is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from Computer without restrictions. HP Support Assistant for Home Desktops 184.108.40.206 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
Hp Support Assistant Issues: Not Working On Win7
I have presented the following article in the above forum and in addition decided to publish my article in this modest blog for the benefit of all those anguished HP Forum Members and any frustrated HP customer Service in general, having had a hard time such as I have had with the Hp Support Assistant Software Product failing time and again on his Windows 7 O.S.The Following Is Based On My Own Personal, Private Ordeal With The Hp Support Assistant.
I AM NOT HERE TO JUDGE BUT TO WARN WITH GOOD INTENTION BASED ON MY PERSONAL ORDEAL.Although I have had a TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE with the HP Support Assistant. have LEARNT the hard way. The following information is based upon MY personal understanding and experience. You are Not Advised or Compelled IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to act upon what I mention here.
HP Support Assistant for HP Notebooks
PC Hardware is not excluded from the errors and common file corruptions that any other hardware device or Windows component is susceptible to from day-to-day. As driver updates are developed, yours soon becomes out-of-date, and as errors occur and files are lost, your driver may become missing or corrupted. Sometimes an installation process simply goes wrong or an update is applied incorrectly. Whatever the cause, it’s no longer working and it needs to be fixed.
- The driver is out-of-date
- The driver is missing or corrupt
- Update failure
- The device is damaged
Hopefully, your device is not damaged and all that needs to be done is to simply uninstall and remove all components of the old driver and replace it with a newer or working driver. This process, while not too terribly difficult, can be tedious and time consuming (especially if you have more than one device that is out-of-date).
If you’re going to manually find the drivers for your specific system, be sure to take the proper steps to identify the correct hardware on your Windows PC.If you want to avoid the hassle and risk of looking for the correct driver yourself, we recommend using Smart Driver Updater.